Third Trimester

This week starts my third trimester - and it's such an exciting and scary time. I'm excited to be in my last 3 months, but I'm scared when I start thinking about the birth and what comes next...bringing this little guy home. We are blessed with such a loving family who has offered so many helpful tips and encouraging words. Knowing we have so much support and love, helps to ease some of the anxiety I feel from time to time!

This week, baby Colton is busy gaining body fat (and is about the size of a Chinese cabbage). Since he's going to be born during the winter months, he's going to need all the fat he can get to keep him warm! He is probably measuring around 15 inches long and about 2 and 1/2 lbs. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday to confirm measurements. Since he is busy packing on his fat, I will pack some on too. I'll probably gain between 8 to 10 more lbs before he arrives (this is part of the third trimester that I'm not looking forward to).

I'm in the home stretch now. I know that, at times, it will be wonderful and, at other times, miserable but at all times, it will be a blessing. The next few months will bring on more doctor's visits, aches, pains, sleepless nights, complaints and (I'm sure) swelling. I know I will laugh, cry, blow up, break down and enjoy all the little moments I feel our baby move. I'm thankful for a loving husband, a supportive family and wonderful friends. This is a big week - starting the third (and final) trimester - and I'm looking forward to every moment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

Throwback Thursday

The Best Is Yet To Come