Week 27

This is the last week of my "second trimester" and if I understand correctly, it all goes down hill from here (kidding)! I have noticed that the bursts of energy I was feeling are few and far between these days, and joints are starting to ache where they never have before. Even with the new aches and pains I feel, I can't complain, this pregnancy has been an amazing adventure.

Baby Colton (yes, he finally has a first name) is about the size of a cauliflower this week. He weighs around 2 pounds and he's approximately 14 1/2 inches long. This week, his brain tissue is developing rapidly and his brain is very active now. I've been noticing his hiccups, almost daily, and it makes me smile when I feel him. Matt has been able to feel (and see) him move this week, and I love sharing those moments with him. :-)
 
I have noticed a huge change in the size of my belly this week - I feel like the clothes I bought last week already don't fit anymore. It's still mind blowing that a woman's body has the ability to expand and change to carry and develop another life - simply a miracle. I'm thankful for another healthy week and I'm looking forward to my third (and final) trimester!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

Throwback Thursday

The Best Is Yet To Come