Lazy Days


It was rainy and cold here in East Tennessee this past weekend. Summer has definitely moved out and fall is here!!! I have to admit, I love it. I have always loved fall weather, and - especially since I'm 7 months pregnant - the cool air is welcome.

Despite the drizzle on Saturday, Matt went out for a game of golf, so I had the house to myself. I got to enjoy my Saturday sleeping in, doing laundry, sorting more of Colton's clothes, catching up on CMT videos, (www.cmt.com) and staying in my PJs - watching one of my favorites, Sweet Home Alabama - until mid-afternoon. I am going to enjoy these "selfish" Saturday mornings while I can.

Tennessee Thunder was scheduled to perform on Sunday, but due to some dancer cancellations, we had to pass and look forward to the next performance. So, Matt and I went out for a little shopping and lunch at Pals (I'm completely addicted to the burgers, the fries and the sweet tea) which was absolutely delicious. After lunch, it was back to the house for another lazy day. We flipped between football and NASCAR (www.nascar.com) - and if you didn’t catch the race, it was a true Talladega finish. We snacked, watched more football (oh, and in case anybody cares, I'm still the only undefeated team in our fantasy football league), snacked some more and finished the evening off by watching another one of my favorites – Robin Hood (the one with Russell Crowe).


There was nothing really special about this weekend, except for the fact that I got some much needed rest, which makes it easier to face this busy week ahead.  This week is the start of my third (and final) trimester and it’s full of work, doctor appointments, clogging practices and a trip to Indiana. In the middle of this crazy adventure we call life, I’m so thankful for the lazy days I get to enjoy – even if they are few and far between!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

Throwback Thursday

The Best Is Yet To Come