week 31

On Saturday, I had my first pre-natal massage. Matt - with the help of my sister - planned 65 minutes of pure relaxation for me (followed by a pedicure). My sister got a new hairdo while I enjoyed a few hours of “heaven” at Savvy Salon and Day Spa . I didn’t realize how much pressure this little guy has been putting on my back, legs, feet (and everything else), so the massage was a welcomed gift!

At 31 weeks, Colton continues to let me know he’s growing. His kicks are stronger and more frequent and my belly is getting bigger and bigger. I think I even feel (and see) him flip over from time to time. This week he’s about the size of a pineapple, weighing almost 4 pounds. According to studies - at this point - all 5 of his senses are fully developed and his brain continues to grow. I’m glad his brain is growing, because I feel like I’m losing mine. I have a full understanding of the term “pregnancy brain” (even if it isn’t a proven physical ailment). Besides feeling more out of breath and having to pee every minute, I feel pretty good at week 31. In addition to Matt and myself getting to feel Colton move, this week we get to add my sister and Mom to the list!
As the time winds down to my due date, I would be lying if I said I didn’t feel a little bit nervous. I’m mostly excited, but nervous emotions are definitely edging their way in as the days click off. I’m blessed with a doctor I trust, a supportive husband, loving family and wonderful friends. With the “busyness” of the holidays coming up, I know that my mind will be a lot of places, and that will (hopefully) make the weeks pass by quickly. But, my mind never wanders very far from when this little guy will be joining us and I am so ready to meet him.

Comments

  1. I can't wait to meet little Colton, too!!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

Throwback Thursday

The Best Is Yet To Come