We Made It


Full term - I never thought I would be so happy to hear those words! Even though we have about 3 more weeks to go, as of Friday, December 7th, I reached week 37 and Colton reached full term. Most babies at this point weigh about 7 pounds and are measuring around 20 inches long (of course this varies between babies, some weighing more or less).  He is most likely between the size of a wintermelon and a miniature watermelon and either way, I’m just happy that we reached this point with no complications.

This week, I’m finding it harder to sleep due to the fact I can’t get comfortable for long periods of time. Leg cramps are an almost nightly routine now and my lower back has starting letting me know it’s tired of the extra weight. I read that the quality of sleep in the third trimester is worse than any time before, but I’m probably going to be thankful for the little sleep I am getting, once Colton is born.

Today is my weekly doctor’s appointment and I’m excited to see if there’s been any progress since last week. Talking with my doctor each week is so comforting because, as the due date approaches, I have so many more questions that pop in my head. Being a first time mom, it’s hard not to be anxious about the unknown but I am trusting that my instincts will kick in when the time comes. Now that our little man is full term, all we can do is wait – 3 days or 3 weeks – only time will tell.  

Comments

  1. I remember those days! The day I went into labor I remember going outside and standing under a huge oak tree and crying and praying to God telling Him I could not take it anymore. I went into labor about two hours later :) I was so happy !!! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cried last night, thinking the same thing. So maybe it won't be long now :-)

      Delete
  2. You are such a strong, wonderful woman...all the unknowns are just part of letting go and letting God. It is one of the happiest, scariest, anxious, exhilarating, and exhausting times for Mother and that little bundle of joy who's going to make his mark in this world in so many amazing ways!! Excited to hear what the doc has to say today. Much love to you & Matt....and little Colton!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining