Shopping

Some people absolutely love to shop - it's therapy. Some people hate shopping more than anything - it's torture. Then you have me. For me, shopping is fun if I have gift cards to cash in or if I'm shopping for Christmas gifts or if I'm shopping for a particular item for a special event. I'm not one of those people who can just go by the mall 2 or 3 times a week to browse - I have to have a purpose to shop!  Shopping at Christmas is so fun - Christmas music is playing, Christmas trees are everywhere, people are (usually) in a fun/happy spirit and I'm shopping for the people I love. I also like to shop for fall clothes - I love the feeling of trying on new jeans after a hot summer and knowing that cool air is on the way. Now don't get me wrong, shopping can also be very frustrating for me - for several reasons. Reason #1 is because I feel like I have the most common shoe size in the world. I can find a great pair of shoes and they will have every size - except mine. Reason #2 is because I like expensive things but will not fork up the money to buy them (in other words, I'm cheap). Reason #3 is because my jeans have to be in "long" for them to fit correctly with any kind of a heeled shoe at all and while shopping for "long" jeans, I find it humerus that the retail world thinks the majority of shoppers are 5'0" and 90lbs (I'm the opposite of both that height and weight)!!   But, even with the frustrations of shopping, it can be an enjoyable past time.

I try really hard not to splurge on unnecessary things for myself and I am a person who refuses to buy the "impulse items" at the check out and it's not because I don't want them - but it's the idea behind why the items are placed there!  Yesterday, however, I did both. On my way home from work, I decided that it was time for some new shoes. Granted, I haven't bought myself a new pair of shoes in almost a year and since I'm pregnant, my feet are changing, nothing feels good to me anymore - not to mention that shoes are the only thing a pregnant woman can try on and feel good about. I found all of those excuses enough of a reason to stop by the shoe store. I walked in the store - I tried on 1 pair of tennis shoes and 1 pair of black boots, walked right up to the counter without hesitation and within 10 minutes had decided on my purchase(s). While standing at the counter - they had a display of chap stick (and of course a kind that I have never tried before). So what do I do? I buy (on impulse) a tube of Nivea's "a kiss of smoothness". Once I was back in my car, I realized what I had just done. Normally I would debate the situation and take at least 1 pair of the shoes back but (and I'm totally blaming my pregnancy hormones) the thought didn't even cross my mind :-)


Side Note - the chap stick really is a kiss of smoothness and the tennis shoes feel amazing on my pregnant feet today!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining