Changes

I'm almost through pregnancy week 26 and I've noticed some changes as this week has progressed. My hair has been growing a lot quicker (not to mention it feels so different) and I finally went for a - much needed - trim yesterday My belly has made significant changes over the past week as it makes even more room for this baby to grow! I've also noticed that my skin is overly sensitive, and break outs are a normal for me these days. I haven't had this much acne since high school (and I'm not sure I even had as much then). I am waiting to see the "glow" everybody says I have - I feel it on the inside, but I sure don't see the effects of it on my skin. I know my hormones are crazy and I'm just waiting patiently for my body to return to "normal". I guess if acne is the worst I have to deal with during pregnancy at this point, I'll gladly take it. I have also noticed the baby moving a lot more this week. Maybe he's not moving more, he's just bigger, so I feel him more? Either way, he's waking up at night to move around - in turn, so is his Mom :-) I guess he's just getting me ready for the lack of sleep I'll get when he arrives!!!

This week has not only brought about physical changes, but mental changes as well. Mentally, I have begun TRYING to prepare myself for childbirth. I've been reading a lot of material on the postives and negatives of natural childbirth and thinking and praying about my options. I enrolled in prenatal classes and I'm looking forward the information I can obtain from instructors and other Moms in the class. Some days I feel mentally strong, ready for anything - and other days I feel like I'm going to completely fall apart (I thank my hormones for that, too)!

All in all, this week has been good to me. We are planning a trip over to Jackson, TN to visit some dear friends for the weekend - it might be one of the last long trips I make before the baby arrives :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining