Feeling - Best in the World


I’ve been on stage to perform in front of thousands of people and I’ve been on championship sports teams. I’ve flown halfway around the world and been on boats and trains and rollercoasters. I’ve had some amazing friendships and fallen in love but none of those amazing feelings compare to the feeling of my baby exploring his little world.  The first time I felt him move I didn’t even know he was a “he”.  I was about 18 weeks along and I was sitting at work when I had a spasm in my lower abdomen. I thought to myself “that was weird” and waited a few more minutes - then another spasm. I quickly realized, though it was only two little blips of a feeling, that it was my baby moving. I’m now 23 weeks into my pregnancy and I feel the baby on a daily basis. Sometimes he moves around first thing in the morning but usually he waits until I’m lying down to go to sleep before he starts rockin’ and rollin’. I can picture him in there stretching out his little arms and legs and flipping over (I can picture it so clearly because I’ve seen him do it at both of our ultrasound appointments – he’s a very active little guy)!  It’s the most amazing feeling, and it’s one of those feelings you just can’t put into words. The love I already have for this child is unbelievable. People have said for years that I wouldn’t understand until I had a child of my own – they were right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining