Dance

Dancing has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. I have always enjoyed watching dancers perform and even more, I have loved having the ability to dance myself. There are individuals out there who will say "I can't dance" but (not just because I am a dancer) I believe everybody CAN dance. Some people may be better dancers than others, but everyone has an inner dancer, waiting to surface. Dance is a way of expressing a feeling - whether it's a happy, sad, sexy, scary or stressful feeling - those feelings can be expressed through dancing. Growing up, I was blessed with the opportunity to take lessons in dance. With these lessons comes the opportunity to perform at recitals, competitions, parades, local fairs and other events. Performing in front of an audience can be a little scary and very intimidating but I think I was born with a natural ability to perform in front of a crowd because I never had those moments of being scared or feeling intimidated. I know I have felt excitement and definitely nervousness, but never scared. In my mind, dancing is our body's way of expressing an inward emotion.

As I prepare to be a Mom for the first time, I get excited about the thought of introducing dance into my child's life. Whether he dances in the kitchen or in front of a thousand people - I want him to feel comfortable in his skin and have the freedom to express his emotions through dance. Dance has opened doors for me, that normally, I would never have been able to walk through. I have been able to travel the country and half way around the world. I have gotten to perform in some amazing venues and meet some extremely talented people. I have made some life-long friendships through my journey of dancing. It has given me the opportunity to go from student to teacher and be a leader to some wonderful kids. I feel so blessed that God granted me the ability of dance and I hope that through performance and teaching - I am able to touch the lives of others and pass along the joy I have for a wonderful expression of emotion - dance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining