Exciting Week

This week has been exciting for me - not for major reasons, but just for simple little reasons. For one, it's beginning to feel like fall here in East Tennessee. The mornings are crisp and there's no more humidity (which my hair is very thankful for)! I love the sun coming up late over the foggy mountains - it gives the feeling that everything can have a fresh start and the gorgeous view makes my drive into work even more enjoyable.

This week also marks my 25th week of pregnancy. There's nothing really "special" about the 25th week in pregnancy except for the fact that I still feel him moving around and I'm still blessed to carry the little angel!! We also have a doctor visit today, which is exciting because I get to hear his little heartbeat (I am still in awe at that sound). This week I have been able to sort through the mounds of clothes we've been given for our baby boy. We are so thankful for the generosity of family and friends - this kiddo is set with a wardrobe until he's a year old (at least). I love looking at all the tiny clothes and imagining our little guy wearing them - I get overcome with joy just thinking about him.
 
This week we have been given a handmade cradle from my Dad (which I have all cleaned up and ready for bedding) and we also received a diaper bag from Lori V. Lori is a neighbor to my Uncle Pat and Aunt Teri, and we were so humbled by her generosity and thoughtfulness. The diaper bag and cradle are both perfect and we can't wait to put them to good use! 
Outside of baby news and the weather changing - the final thing I'm excited about this week - my new clogging team will be performing for the first time. On Sunday, the Tennessee Thunder Clogging Team will perform at the Greene County Fairgrounds for "Buggin' for a Cure". I'm so proud of the hard work and dedication of these new dancers and I'm excited for them to show off their new talent!!!

Comments

  1. So it is a boy! I was wondering :) The cradle is absolutely beautiful! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the cradle (especially since my Dad made it)...we feel very blessed.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining