D-Day

Today is not only New Year's Eve, but also Colton's due date! Of course he has decided NOT to make his arrival just yet but it's so nice knowing that we will be meeting him very soon. On Thursday, December 27th, I had my last visit to the doctor's office. With Colton being due on a holiday, the hospital will not schedule to induce me until after the New Year so if he doesn't show up on his own, we are scheduled to check in at the hospital on Wednesday night. I'm still hoping that Colton starts things on his own, but it is nice having a "go to" date to keep me sane.

My sister is going to be with us in the delivery room, so she has been here the past few days...waiting. I feel like everybody is just sitting around, waiting for something to happen. Every time I answer the phone I want to say "no, I haven't had the baby yet" then "hello". :-) Since there's nothing we can do (except wait), we've all been finding other things to do to pass the time more quickly. I've been doing a lot of activity to encourage Colton to come on out and meet us. We spent a day shopping. Friday we went hiking followed by a walk on the track. Saturday night we went bowling. I thought the combo of Fri/Sat had done the trick, but I woke up on Sunday morning and realized that it did nothing more than make me very sore (but this 9 month prego lady did have the high bowling score of the night with 3 strikes in a row). On Sunday, we drove over the mountain to Shelton Laurel. My sister, Matt and my cousin Joseph were all hoping there would be enough snow to sled, but it had mostly melted by the time we got there so we visited with my grandparents for a couple of hours and headed back home. Last night, we played games...lots of games. We played Quelf, Apples to Apples, spoons, Mad Gab and a few others. Honestly, all this activity has really helped to keep my mind off of just "waiting". I'm thankful for my loving and supportive family to help me through these difficult last days.

I continue to count my blessings and I'm overly thankful for a healthy pregnancy. Colton still might decide to arrive between now and Wednesday, but if not, we are scheduled to be induced and he should (if everything goes well) be here no later than Thursday. So tonight, I plan on ringing in a new year with my wonderful husband and amazing family, eating pizza and enjoying the company. If Colton decides to interrupt our plans, that would be okay too!

Comments

  1. You're in the home-stretch now!!! So glad you are with your support crew and just wish I could be there, too! I'll be planning my flight as soooooon as possible!!!
    Love you...now, come on Colton!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining