New Day, New Attitude (we'll see how long it lasts)

Colton will be here when he is ready, and I keep trying to remind myself that his due date is still another 18 days away but it’s so hard not to feel anxious and hope that he arrives early. I have heard from several people that first time babies tend to be late, but when I Google the question, I find plenty of discussion on the topic. Some people claim that it’s true that first time babies are late, others say it’s a myth and some people say that it’s completely opposite, that first time babies are early. I found no actual “data” to support any of the claims, only person by person accounts. So basically, I just get to wait and see what happens. Did I mention that I hate waiting?

Yesterday after work, I enjoyed some time for myself and had a – much needed – mani/pedi. I chose to get the shellac nail polish on my fingers, in hopes that my nails will be maintenance free for the next couple of weeks. The lady who worked on my poor swollen feet was so sweet and talked to me about the baby, gave congratulations and even massaged my feet for a few extra minutes (because she “knew the feeling of being very pregnant”). It’s amazing how having freshly painted nails and smooth feet can make me feel like a whole new woman. It helped to take my mind off of pregnancy, if even for only a couple of hours.

This morning, I woke up with a new attitude about this pregnancy. I’ve decided that I will not complain about how much longer I have to go (we’ll see how long this lasts), I will just encourage the process as much as possible. Last night I did exercises on the medicine ball that are used to induce labor and so far this morning, I’ve walked up and down the stairs at work 4 times (which was followed by 4 trips to the restroom to pee). I know in my heart that God’s timing is the perfect timing and I’m praying for the patience and strength to make it to the finish!

Comments

  1. Take time each and every day to just rest, put your feet up, enjoy a glass of juice/water/milk, read, knit, or any other activity that is calming. I know you have this online "journal" so maybe there is something you want to add to Colton's baby book...might just help time go by less stressfully! (Of course you've already covered all the other options...exercises, walking up/down stairs/GOING ON THE LIFT TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN!!! Only one you missed was riding the lawnmower...and it didn't work for me anyway! THAT'S when I realized what you did...it is God's timing, God's plan, and God giving you the grace, patience, tolerance and good health to see you through these final days or weeks. Can't wait to see how much enjoyment you & Matt will have with little Colton. And of course I can't WAIT to spoil, spoil, spoil!!!!
    Love you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining