Good Days

Yesterday was beautiful here in East Tennessee. Even though the temps didn't get much above 40 degrees, the sunshine felt amazing. I took advantage of the nice weather and took a ride on the 4-wheeler. The initial purpose of the ride was to see if I could make Colton uncomfortable and want to join us, but he doesn't seem too anxious to leave his comfy spot just yet. It was refreshing to have some wind in my face, so maybe the real purpose of the ride was for me to get some "me time" outside. Yesterday was also my Dad's birthday. He was really hoping that Colton would decide to be his birthday present, instead we settled for a nice dinner at Gondolier Italian Restaurant and Pizza.
 
This morning, I started baking some of our annual Christmas goodies. I made Peanut Butter Balls (better known to most as Buckeyes) and Sausage Balls (my personal favorite). We also have Peanut Butter/Kiss Cookies, Pretzel Cookies and my Mom's famous Holiday Cheese Ball. There's still more to do, but it was enough to keep Matt's belly full - taste testing of course - and make me ready for a nap.

The big news of the day - Fantasy Football! Our league's season comes to an end this weekend and I am in the championship game. I would love nothing more than to come out the champion (especially since my opponent is my husband), and it all comes down to today. Calvin Johnson started things off nicely for my team by scoring me 20 points last night, but there are still a lot of games to play today. I am happy that my starting QB, Robert Griffin III is back in uniform today and I am confident that my team will come out on top, but let's just keep our fingers crossed (just in case)!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining