Nesting

Nesting is an instinct during pregnancy that helps get a home ready for baby’s arrival. Hamsters, cats, dogs, birds and other animals all do it and like a lot of human moms-to-be, I’m doing it too. This weekend, I felt the urge to de-clutter, clean, organize and get stuff done. With the help of my handy, helpful and wonderful husband, we had a VERY productive weekend.

First item on the agenda was to get Colton’s hospital bag packed. It seems like such a little task, but feels so important to me. I washed blankets, pacifiers, hats, mittens, socks and everything else that he is going to need (and most likely not need) for his - 15 minute - trip home. Not knowing what size he is going to be makes it really hard to pick an outfit for him to wear, but we are prepared with a few options and his bag is officially packed!  My bag is also packed and we are ready to go whenever Colton is. I’m trying very hard not to be overly anxious.

We washed all the “stuff” that goes with his car seat and (with Matt’s help) I learned how to get the thing in and out of the car. Between the car seat, cradle, pack-n-play, crib, diapers, baths and bottles, I feel like I know NOTHING about how to take care of this baby. Maybe it's just my pregnancy brain feeling overwhelmed at times. The ability to do all this stuff just comes naturally once your child is born, right? Please just say yes, it does. I even drove to work today with the car seat in the car just for fun.

I finally felt like it was time to start unpacking a lot of the items we got from our baby shower(s), organize them and de-clutter. It felt so good to get everything washed and put away. After church on Sunday, Matt and I returned some duplicated baby shower items and exchanged them for some things we still needed. We were also able to finish our Christmas shopping, and this is the first time EVER that I’m completely done Christmas shopping in the first week of December.

Little tasks, that are really probably unimportant, just weigh on my mind until they are done. I’m extremely thankful that we were able to get so many items checked off our “to do” list and I’m in true count down mode, waiting on little Colton.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining