Big Things - Week 39

Big things are happening today. Okay, big in my small little world. It’s Friday, my last day of work before maternity leave, it’s snowing and I have reached week 39. I am feeling very large and very uncomfortable at this point but I’m trying hard to stay as active as possible to keep my mind off of being, well, very large and very uncomfortable.

Lately I’ve noticed that I want to spend a lot of time alone. It’s not that I feel depressed or upset, it’s just that I want to be alone and in complete silence. I read that a lot of women begin to “turn inward” at this time in the pregnancy, just thinking about the work ahead. Sometimes I just like to lay and watch the baby move and think about what my life is going to be like when he’s in this crazy world. I am not concerned about my need for alone time being linked to depression, I’m actually enjoying it.

Colton has officially reached watermelon status. Average size baby, at week 39, is 19.9 to 20.9 inches and 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. Since he’s really cramped for space and has better control over his muscles, his movements aren’t as sharp and jabbing and he just sort of rolls around trying to get comfortable. I keep trying to tell him that if he would just come out, he could have all the space he wants to get comfortable, but I guess he’ll figure that out soon enough.

With snow on the ground (as little as it may be), it’s actually starting to feel and look like Christmas. As I continue to carry my baby boy this close to Christmas, I can’t help but think about Mary and the emotions she must have felt while carrying her baby boy, Jesus. I pray that I can have the faith and patience that Mary had, in knowing that God’s plan and timing is perfect.

Comments

  1. You are such a sweet person! You are right...nothing at all wrong with reflecting a bit at this time in your life. I remember the verse that says , "And Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." (and that was AFTER Jesus was born :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooooo enjoy all you put into these, Renee...helps me feel like I'm almost right there with you! Wish we were closer but I'm sure looking forward to getting there to hold my little grandson as soon as I can! Such a wonderful time of year and I can only imagine the peace you feel as you are comforted knowing Mary walked in your steps. Colton will be such a wonderful blessing and addition to our family. I CAN'T WAIT! (Hmmmmm...guess you're feeling the same!)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining