Laughter is the best medicine

The Dictionary.com definition of patience is "the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune or pain without complaint, loss of temper, irritation or the like; an ability or willingness to suppress relentlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay". Over the past few days, this is the complete opposite of the definition you would find under RenĂ©e Neal in the dictionary. Over the past few days, I have felt beyond frustrated and have been SO impatient. I have been praying for the strength to overcome this roadblock. I have so much to be thankful for, and I’m trying to focus on those blessings to get me through the next couple of weeks.

One of the blessings that I’m most thankful for is my family. After a long, emotional weekend and a visit to the doctor yesterday, I had much needed time with my family last night. My sister invited us (Mom, Dad, Matt and myself) to meet in Asheville for a dinner in honor of my dad’s birthday (a few days early). We ate at Bonefish Grill and I don’t know if it’s because I’m 38 weeks pregnant or because they have delicious food (or both) but what a great meal. Maybe it was as much the company as the food that made for such a nice dinner, but either way, I’m thankful. It was so nice to escape from the pregnancy “funk” for a couple of hours and just enjoy stories and laughs (I even wore high heels for the first time in 9 months). Laughter truly is the best medicine. I’m so thankful for my supportive family. They know me inside and out and are able to bring out the best of me, even when I feel my worst. It’s amazing to me how one little dinner can bring me back to reality – I am so blessed.

So this week, my goal is to work on being more patient, not just with myself during this pregnancy, but with everybody. I’m guessing I’m going to need a LOT of patience once our little guy is born, so why not start working on it now, right?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining