Maternity Leave

Yesterday, Matt and I made the decision that tomorrow would be my last day of work until Colton arrives. It’s such a tough decision to make. On one hand, we will be giving up my income for 12 weeks but on the other hand, I’ll be able to relax and enjoy Christmas and maybe a few work-free days before our little guy is born. I’m beyond thankful for a flexible schedule at work and a great supervisor who is allowing me to even make this decision. God sure does continue to bless us.

When thinking about 12 weeks away from work, it seems like a lot of time but I know how fast it’s going to fly by and I’m not sure I can even think about leaving our little man and going back to work. I plan on taking each day at a time and enjoying every moment. Honestly, at this moment, I’m most looking forward to staying in PJs or comfy pants all day if I want to. It really is the little things that make me so happy.

I’m excited to do some Christmas baking with my Mom and celebrate my Dad’s birthday on Saturday. I’m secretly hoping that Colton decides to share his birthday with his Papaw, but only time will tell. It’s hard to believe that Monday is Christmas Eve (my favorite day of the year) already. My sister will be coming in to town and we’ll be celebrating with the Shelton clan. Christmas morning, we’ll be spending time at Mom and Dad’s house with the Bishop crew and I can’t wait. Having so many things to look forward to makes the time go faster and keeps my mind off of wanting Colton here so badly!

So today, as I prep things at work for my maternity leave, I realize how blessed I am and how thankful I am for a good job and supportive people in my life. Even though I am full of joy and excitement, I’m also full of concerns, questions and anxiety. I’m really looking forward to 12 weeks off to focus on being a mommy and loving on our little man (whenever he decides to arrive).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining