Surprise Milestone

The first few weeks with Colton were kind of a blur. I'm so glad that I have been keeping a "journal" through this blog so that I can go back and recall the different milestones. Now that I'm getting some sleep, I don't feel as much like a walking zombie and I can actually enjoy/remember things as we go along. :-)

Each milestone has been exciting. I love watching Colton learn and grow. It's amazing how much he interacts with us each day. You can ask him "where's Mommy?" and he looks right at me. Talk about melting your heart...wow! Since Colton is very interactive (and since he's been eating solid food since he was a little over 3 months old), it's hard for me to remember that he is just 5 months old.

Today, we got a surprise milestone and I have to say that I'm not quite as ready for it as I thought I would be. Today, Colton has a (partial) tooth. The bottom right tooth has finally made its appearance. I'm so thankful -for Colton's sake- that it has finally popped through (since he has been fighting that thing for about 5 weeks now), but I'm sad for me. I'm not really THAT sad, but it is definitely a solid reminder of just how fast he is growing.

So, I've gotten to experience yet another "Mommy first" and it's pretty exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing how long it takes for the tooth to come on out fully (and for others to follow). *Sigh*, time is going faster than I think. :-) If Colton will get his tongue out of the way long enough, I'll try to snap a picture!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining