Dad's Day

Yesterday was Father's Day. I'm so thankful that I was raised in a home with a Dad who was a leader and who lead not just with words but by example. My Dad is the perfect combination of hard as nails and soft as butter (depending on the situation), he has taught me how to take care of myself but also how I should be taken care of. My Dad has helped shape me into the person I am today and I will forever be grateful for this wonderful man.

I'm equally thankful that I have a husband who is such a wonderful Dad to our son. It was so awesome watching Matt with Colton this weekend. On Saturday, they spent the day together doing "guy stuff" (I guess that's what they were doing, they were gone most of the early afternoon)! :-) On Sunday the three of us enjoyed the day together. I watched Matt with Colton as he took on bedtime duties, from bath to lights out, and it warms my heart to see their relationship growing every day. I'm thankful that Colton has a Dad who is involved, loving, gentle, patient and just an absolute rock star! I hope Colton knows what a lucky little boy he is...

I'm a lucky gal to have so many great men in my life. I have my Husband, my Dad, both of my Papaws, my Father-in-Law, many Uncles and close friends. All of these men have had an influence on my life and I'm looking forward to the impact these men have on the life of my son!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining