Refurbishing

Thanks in part to a website called Pinterest, I have so many "DIY" projects on my "to do list". I don't know if I'll ever get to do all of them, but I plan to try...

The dresser project that I started last weekend was completed today! I still have two more pieces of the set that I would like to refinish. My parents got me the bedroom suite back in 1994, when we moved to Indiana. It's hard to believe that it's already 19 years old. A few more years and it will be an antique. I wanted to hand the set down to my kid one day and when I found out we were having a boy, I had to either keep it and hope for a girl or think of a way to make the set more appealing to a boy (the current finish is white-wash with flower decals on the drawers). So after rolling around all types of ideas from painting it to just taking off the flowers, I finally decided to stain it a darker color.

I keep saying "I" because this big project was all my idea. I told Matt that I would do it all and he didn't have to do anything. Well, "my" project quickly turned into "our" project when I realized how much sanding was involved. The flower decals are not just "stickers" and required a lot of attention but Matt (being the stud he is) stepped right up to the challenge. I finished staining all the dresser drawers and knobs this week, so the only thing we had left to do was the dresser itself. Matt was out early, sanding it for me and I was able to put both coats of stain on it by this afternoon. I have to say that the finished project looks pretty good and I'm excited to get the other pieces done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining