Ordinary Day

Today was a good day - it was just ordinary - but it was a good day. Matt was on "daddy duty" today and took Colton out and about while I cleaned at home. It was Colton's first trip away from home without Mommy. I guess at 5 months, it's way past time for that, huh? I'm also guessing that they had a great time because Colton was out like a light and Matt crashed on the couch as soon as they walked in the door! :-) I'm so thankful that Colton has such a wonderful daddy.

With the guys out of the house, I was able to get all of the laundry done (a miracle in itself), clean, write a clogging routine (I love saying this), edit music and catch up on some CMT videos. It was great! Maybe just having some time all to myself at home is what made today a good day.

My Uncle Pat and Aunt Teri invited us over to their house this afternoon for a cookout. My cousin Ryan's birthday was yesterday so it was nice to get together to celebrate with him. I remember Teri being pregnant with Ryan so it's hard to believe that he is 23 now. I guess people say the same thing about me being 30!

I'm looking forward to celebrating Matt's first Father's Day with him tomorrow. God has truly blessed us and today I'm simply...thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining