5 months and counting...

As I put Colton in bed tonight, I thought to myself "so much has changed in the past 5 months". After I left him in his crib and walked out of the room, I was thinking back to the first night we had him at home with us. I was so happy, terrified, exhausted and unsure what to do with him. After 5 months of (so much) trial and error, I finally feel like I'm past the terrified and unsure what to do stage and heading into the "having fun" stage. :-)

Now that Colton is sleeping through (most) nights, it makes being a Mom so much more FUN! He has always brought so much joy to my life but I was so tired and busy trying to figure out what was "wrong" with him that I didn't feel like I was truly able to enjoy the time like I wanted to. It's amazing what a little bit of sleep can do for a person. I think he is really enjoying the sleep thing now too - he is such a happy baby.

What's new at 5 months? Well, like I mentioned before, he is sleeping through the night now (still knocking on wood and thanking God for that). We are still battling those two bottom teeth coming in and some days are better than others. Today, I think they were really giving him a fit. I'm hoping (for his sake) that they pop on through soon! We went to see my sister in South Carolina so we added another "state visited" to Colton's list, taking his total up to 7. At 5 months old, Colton is a happy, healthy, growing, (and in my opinion) loving, amazing, smart, handsome little guy. I'm so amazed at how much he has changed my life and I am so thankful for each and every day with him. 5 months and counting...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining