What Love Can Do

Colton will be 21 weeks old tomorrow - almost 5 months old. It's amazing how much he has changed just within a couple of weeks.

We are on a full week of Colton sleeping at least 8 hours a night (mostly 9 or 10 hour nights)! KNOCK ON WOOD! We decided to move his bath time up by just a half hour, so he is getting his bath at 7:30pm now, followed by a full bottle which puts him asleep by 8:15 or (at the latest) 8:30pm. We also decided to stop swaddling his arms in, which helps him be able to find a comfortable position in his crib. So far when I get him up in the mornings, he has been sideways in the crib, feet propped up on his bumper pads and his security blanket above his head - hey, whatever works, right? It's quite adorable and he and Mommy are both much more rested and pleasant!

As for talking, Colton has really starting warming up his lungs over the past week. I mean, he is half mine, so he had a 75/25 chance of being a big talker! :-) He has started saying syllables (even ma-ma) but we don't really count any "words" yet because he has no idea what/when he says anything. He squeals a LOT and has learned about Blowing a raspberry  with his tongue (one day he might get in trouble for that one)! I love that he is so vocal and enjoy hearing all the different sounds he discovers each day.

Yesterday morning, Colton was awake in his crib so I went to get him and I brought him back to our bedroom. I laid him down on the bed for a minute so I could change clothes and he fell sound asleep. As he laid there, I couldn't help but stare at him. His little mouth partly open, hands on each side of his face, laying so peacefully and (in my opinion) perfect. As I looked at him, I saw so much of Matt in him and I thought to myself "isn't it amazing what love can do?". Even though I see so much of his Daddy in him, I know he is part mine, and it's amazing to me that because of our love (and God's blessing), we have this beautiful baby boy.

Comments

  1. I'm so excited for you on the sleep time/schedule. Woohoo....as for the talking, I LOVE. LOVE, when littles ones start talking, unfortunately after we encourage it to the point of having them repeat things over and over because it is soooo cute. Then they are told at the age 6, 7, 8 years old to shush, be quite....LOL. I love to talk with them at any age though. Can't wait to get my hands on him again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining