Trip to Columbia

My sister just recently accepted a position with a power plant in Columbia, South Carolina. For the past several years she has been working at Duke Energy and living in Charlotte, North Carolina. It wasn't a huge (distance) move for her and she has only been in her new apartment for a little over a week. A week was long enough for Mom and I (and Colton too) to invade and check out the new place.

We left Greeneville around 6:45 yesterday morning and headed for Columbia. This was my first road trip with Colton without Daddy but we made out pretty good (we had Mimi). Minus the fact that we got into Asheville at morning rush hour, got stopped in a traffic jam for an MVA and had to pit stop for breakfast/diaper change...we made the trip in about 3 and 1/2 hours.

If you've never been to South Carolina in the summer, I'll just fill you in on something...it's HOT (and it's only the end of May)! Lucky for us, Denise lives in an apartment complex that is more like a resort. :-) Her apartment is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom and she is the first tenant to live in it, so everything is brand new. When you're on the balcony, you can see Lake Murray to the left or the pool to the right. She has a beautiful pool area that has cabanas for shade (with fans) and a shallow area for lounging in the water. It's a very nice place.

We spent all afternoon yesterday out by the pool. I love that Colton is such an outdoor boy (I don't think I can say that enough during the summer). I lathered him up in baby SPF but he only stayed in the sun for about a half hour (total)...he enjoyed napping in the shade a little better. I bet it won't be long and I'll have a hard time keeping him out of that water. It was such a nice afternoon just getting to relax, soak up some sun and visit with Mom and Denise. This has been some long overdue "catching up".

Last night we ate dinner at a place called Liberty Tap Room  on the lake. The restaurant is within walking distance to Denise's apartment. We sat out on the upper level deck and had a nice meal on the water. I absolutely loved it - it just makes me feel like I'm on really vacation. :-)

Mom and I were supposed to head home today, but after such a nice day yesterday we have decided to stay another night. I'm looking forward to more time with Denise (and getting some more sun)!

Comments

  1. Good for her. Glad to hear about new job and new place tell her hi from us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining