Throwback Thursday

If it's Thursday, and I'm looking on Instagram , FacebookTwitter or any other social media app, I'm going to see #TBT (if you're not sure what #TBT is, don't feel bad because it took me a while to catch on to what it was too). Since "Throwback Thursday" is getting more and more trendy, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and use my Thursday blog to share some throwback memories!

In 1994 (yes, Joe Diffie was probably rockin' on the radio), my family moved from North Carolina to Indiana. Even though we only lived in Indiana for 4 short years, I made a lifetime of memories. The school district we moved into was the South Henry School Corporation and my sister and I attended Tri Jr. Sr. High School. During those years, I was blessed with the opportunity to play basketball - and if you know anything about Indiana, you know that they LOVE their basketball (ever heard of Hoosier Hysteria? It's no joke)! Not only was I blessed to just be playing basketball, I had the rare privilege of playing on the same team with my older sister.
My sister and I hug after our Regional win

The 1997-1998 basketball season was my sophomore year of high school (my sister was a senior) and this was also the season that "class basketball" started in Indiana. I have to say that this was probably one of the best years of my life. Not only was I playing a sport that I absolutely loved with some of my best friends, our team was pretty darn good. We only lost 1 regular season game that year, we were Holiday Tourney champs (again) and were also TEC (Tri Eastern Conference) Champs (again). Our team won the class 1A Sectional Tournament and advanced to the Regional game. We breezed through Regionals and headed to Semi-State (first time in school history).

We were 1 game away from the State-Championship game when we faced our 2nd loss of the season. The loss hit me hard. Not only was our basketball season over, but I was never going to play on a team with my sister again. That loss might have taken away our ability to advance but it didn't take away the memories made.
1997-1998 Lady Titans
Regional Victory

As I think back on this "throwback Thursday", I remember all the summer league games, open gyms, early morning practices, nervous bus rides to games, fun bus rides home from games, hearing our wins announced over the speaker with the morning announcements, running a "sympathy suicide" for the teams we beat the night before, pep rallies, game film, scouting reports and everything in between but most importantly, I remember my former Lady Titan teammates! Today, I'm thinking of you ladies!

Comments

  1. SO FUN! LOL! Those were good times... this stuff is probably one of the only things I miss about High School!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Jessica - this is the only thing I do miss about high school days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brings back a flood of memories, thank you Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining