Finding a Groove

If there is one main thing I have learned about being a new Mom, it's that I don't know anything. :-)The second thing I have learned is the importance of reaching out for help when I need it. I have been able to reach out to several of my friends and family for advice during the past few months. I can say that even though there is no solution or answer to the problem(s), being able to brainstorm and "vent" has been more helpful than I could have imagined.

Reaching out for advice on Colton's most recent "issue", sleeping, has helped me to explore options I might not otherwise have thought of. Hearing all the trial and errors of other Moms has helped me in 1) having the confidence to "change things up" and 2) the comfort in knowing that I am not alone. Since Monday's rant, I have (thanks to my husband) been able to get some much needed sleep. It's amazing how getting a little bit of rest has helped clear my mind AND given me a boost with my patience.

I'm happy to report that Colton has steadily increased his sleeping hours over the course of this week. I'm equally happy to report that I have chilled out. I've come to peace with the fact that I'm NOT doing everything wrong, I just have to continue to provide Colton with as steady of a schedule as I can - and he will have to find his groove!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining