Feeling Puny

Colton didn't sleep very well last night - which isn't much of a surprise these days -  but something just didn't seem "right" throughout the night. Once we got up this morning, I noticed that his eyes looked "glassy" he felt a little sweaty, had a runny nose and sounded very congested. Sometimes he wakes up with a stuffy nose and I just use the snot sucker, aka Rubber Bulb Syringe and it clears up. This morning, it didn't seem to help. Colton was already scheduled to see Dr. Woods today for his 4 month check-up, so if he was getting sick, at least we were already headed to the doctor.

In case I haven't said it before, I'll just say it now...I absolutely love Dr. Woods. As of today, Colton weighs 17 pounds (75th percentile) and is 26 and 1/4 inches long (92nd percentile). I'm so thankful that he is trending in the "average" to "above average" range for growth and development. Dr. Woods did notice that our little guy looked a little flushed and his lungs had a bit of congestion. After talking with Dr. Woods about our big week (trip to Indiana and back), weekend (trip to Chattanooga), being around lots of new people/kids/germs/etc, change in his schedule and this crazy weather, we concluded that it was about time for Colton to experience his first round of sickness. I must say as much as I hate it, I'm so thankful that we made it 4 months before it happened. This little cold aside, Colton is a perfectly healthy/happy baby!

Once we got home from the doctor's office, I laid down with Colton for a nap (I need to do that more often) and we both got some rest that we didn't get last night. After vomiting up supper and his bedtime bottle, he was still feeling pretty puny tonight. Needless to say, I spent a lot of this evening just rocking and "babying" my sick baby! I'm sure that it's not easy for any Mom, but as a new Mommy it's tough going through all these stages for the first time. I just hope that he gets some rest tonight and wakes up on the road to recovery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining