Cereal Time

It's Saturday, and a beautiful one. I absolutely love weekends. Even
though I don't work a Monday-Friday "job" anymore, Saturdays are still my favorite. I feel like I have an excuse to wear my pajamas until noon if I want to...and Matt is home (okay, maybe that's the real reason I love Saturdays)! After I finish addressing envelopes for my sister-in-law's baby shower invitations (yep, I'm going to be an aunt again...hooray), I'm looking forward to getting out and enjoying some sunshine today :-)

I keep talking about how fast Colton is growing and I am constantly watching him grow out of clothes and move up to the next diaper size (as of yesterday is now wearing size 2), but yesterday he ate cereal out of a spoon! Talk about mixed emotions, wow. Seeing him sitting up in his Bumbo Seat (Bumbo International | For the love of children) with a bib on, eating out of a spoon, looking like such a big boy...that's really crazy. I have read so many different opinions on giving a 3 month old cereal but we chose to go ahead and give it a try. We didn't give it to Colton for any specific reason (i.e. trying to get him to sleep longer at night) but only to see how he did with it. Colton was already sleeping (on average) 6 hours a night.

Our little munchkin isn't a big bottle feeder and up until yesterday, he really didn't eat more than 6 oz at one feeding. He was only eating a 4 oz bottle at each feeding, but I just recently took him from a Level 1 nipple to a Level 2, so he did increase to 6 oz. At the first cereal feeding (noon), I gave him a 4 oz bottle of formula and then I spoon fed a mixture of only about a tablespoon of cereal to 4 tablespoons of formula. He ate all of it with no problems (I don't consider a cute, messy, cereal face any kind of a problem).  At 4:00pm, I gave him a 6 oz bottle and a tablespoon and a half of cereal mixed with 4 oz of formula and he ate it all. Not only was he more content after his meal, he went 4 hour stretches vs 3 hour stretches between meals AND he took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon (a first). As bad as that cereal mixture tastes (yes, I taste everything I give him), I can't wait to mix in some pears and bananas for him next week!!!

This weekend, Matt and I are going to be discussing all of our options for housing, living, working, etc... It's getting really hard (and mostly un-enjoyable) living apart. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we try to figure out what is best for us!

Comments

  1. Love Colton's expressions while testing his new "food"...and you and Matt will be the best ones to decide what you want for your children. I just love that you share all these feelings, ups/downs and PICTURES as it keeps me in touch with you all.
    I will continue to pray for God's guidance for huge family decisions...HE will be there for you at every turn! I know His plan is better than any we mere humans could devise ourselves so I'm excited to see all the doors God is waiting to open for Matt, Colton and YOU! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining