30 Day Shred Challenge

Today was the start of my "30 Day Shred" challenge. I am going to commit to 30 days and see if it makes a difference. I'm not as concerned with the way I look as I am with the way I feel (of course it doesn't hurt to tighten up some areas since swim suit season is quickly approaching). Colton is growing every day and lifting him in and out of the car seat (not to mention carrying the car seat with him in it), getting him in and out of his bouncy seat and up and out of his bed and getting down on the floor for "tummy time", getting him in and out of the bath and making numerous trips up and down the stairs each day all takes some physical strength...and I can tell that I'm lacking some endurance!

I feel like blogging about my 30 day challenge will be a motivation for me and will help hold me accountable. This way if I do it, I can share my excitement and if I fail at it, I will have to "fess up". Honestly, I'm amazed at how much my body has changed 1) by turning 30 and 2) from having a baby. I can feel and see the changes, and honestly, it sucks! Don't get me wrong, I am thankful that I did turn 30 (the alternative isn't very appealing just yet) and I wouldn't trade my sweet baby for anything, but I would love to have my 20s metabolism back. I figure I can either live in the past and wish my life away, or I can get up off my butt and make the best of what God has given me today!

I started the Jillian Michaels workout video and there are 3 levels to choose from. Each level is 20 minutes in length and combines strength training and cardio. Like the popular workout, P90X, the 30 Day Shred works on the principle of muscle confusion. Muscles get used to a repetitive workout very quickly, so keeping your muscles "confused" gets better results, quicker! Today I started on Level 2, using 5lb weights. I made it through the video, only having to take 1 little break, but I do believe that I will back up and start with Level 1 tomorrow (like the video suggests). I definitely worked up a sweat and worked some muscles I didn't know I had (if I did know I had them, forgot all about them). I can tell I'm going to be sore tomorrow, but I love it. I just hope I don't drop my child at some point today because my arms feel like jello. :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining