Boogers

Boogers - everybody has them. Some pick them out, some blow them out, some sneeze them out but no matter how you go about it, we all get them out (you can try to deny it, but you do it too)!

I think boogers are gross, but they actually have a job. Here's a little bit of information for today...
Our nose and sinuses make approximately a quart of mucus (snot) every day. Mucus protects our lungs (had no idea it did this until I did some research) because when we breathe air through our nose, we collect dust, pollen, germs, etc... (this I did know). If all the stuff we breathe in through our nose actually made it to our lungs, they could get infected or irritated making it very hard to breathe. The snot helps trap the stuff and keep it in our nose and it combines with the hairs inside. To make a long story short the debris in our nose gets dry and clumps together and wah-lah we have a booger!

The reason I'm on a booger "kick" today is because Colton has had a lot of them lately. Because I'm just being honest - and I know you all have felt boogers too - you know that boogers can be squishy and slimy or tough and crumbly. I'm amazed that, as a Mom, I've done so many "Mom things" that I used to wonder "how do they do that?". I usually use a bulb syringe on Colton's nose, but sometimes there are those little ones that I can just grab. I've never picked another person's nose before (I mean, have you?), so I was kind of amazed that his boogers feel like mine (T.M.I.?) but once I thought about it, why wouldn't they? :-) If you have boogers, then you know that your nose is working the way it should so I guess I'm actually very thankful for Colton's little boogers!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining