Birthday Goodies

Today I had a good excuse to try a couple of new recipes I found via Pinterest. For Matt's birthday (yep, my hubby turned 31 years young today), I made Reese's No Bake Fudge Bars and Crunchy Peanut Butter Mix! I must say that both recipes were extremely easy to make but I can't vouch for the taste because though my husband is a big fan of the chocolate/peanut butter combo, I am NOT.

The Reese's No Bake Fudge Bars had just 3 ingredients and according to my husband, were very tasty!

Ingredients
22 REESE'S  Peanut Butter Cups (regular size)

3 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

1 Can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk

Directions
Line a 9x9 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray

Place an even layer of unwrapped Reese's on the aluminum foil (16)

Crumble the remaining Reese's in a separate bowl

Mix Chocolate Morsels and Condensed Milk in a saucepan over low heat until well mixed

Pour Chocolate/Milk mixture over the layer of Reese's
Immediately top with crumbled Reese's

Place in Refrigerator to cool completely

Cut into squares and serve

The Crunchy Peanut Butter Mix had several more ingredients but still very easy to make.

Ingredients
4 Cups Golden Grahams®

2 Cups Cocoa Puffs®

2 Cups Thin Pretzel Stix

1 Cup REESE'S Pieces

1 Cup Roasted Peanuts

10 oz White Chocolate Squares/Bars Chopped

2 Tablespoons Butter

1/2 Cup Powered Sugar

Directions
Mix Cereal(s), Pretzels, Reese's Pieces and Peanuts in large bowl

In microwaveable bowl, mix butter and white chocolate (heat 1 minute)

Pour chocolate/butter mixture over dry mixture - mix well

Pour powdered sugar in gallon size Ziploc baggie, add 1/2 mixture to the sugar, shake until coated (repeat with other 1/2)

Place on wax paper to cool/dry (store tightly covered at room temperature)

I had a lot of fun making these goodies for Matt today. Even though I didn't eat them, I really loved making some tasty treats for him to enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining