Super Sunday

Today is February 3rd and it's a big day!!! Sure, it's Superbowl Sunday but something much more important is happening in our little family - Colton is turning a month old today. It's hard to believe that a month has passed since I first laid eyes on my precious little man, but when I look at him I see just how much he has already changed.

Over the past month, Colton has had lots and lots of visitors from lots of different states. He has had visitors from Tennessee, North Carolina, Indiana, Ohio, Texas and Kentucky. He has gotten to meet most of his aunts and uncles, all 4 of his grandparents and 5 out of 6 of his great-grandparents. Colton took his first "big trip" to Knoxville this month and we are thankful for how well he travels. We're looking forward to getting out and about on longer trips as our little guy grows.

We are so thankful for a healthy first month - for Colton and me. We have only had to visit the doctor for scheduled check-ups and Colton has been eating like a champ. Since Colton is eating so much, I'm still not able to produce enough milk for him to have a strictly breast milk diet and we have continued substituting bottles with formula. Now that Colton is a month old, we are going to be switching his bottles from a mixture to strictly formula. I'm hoping that by switching him to an all formula diet, we will get more regulated bowel movements and he'll have less tummy trouble. Wish us luck.

I can't explain how much my life has changed and how much I've learned in the past month. Colton is teaching me the meaning of patience, understanding, compassion and most of all how to love someone more than myself and put their needs before my own. God has blessed us with a very good baby and I'm looking forward to what the next months (and years) hold for us.

Comments

  1. You're in for an incredible ride Renee. A lot of ups and downs, but more ups than downs. The best years of my life was raising my kids and the times I had with them. Enjoy every minute. Looking back, I realize it does go by fast. I still think of Matt as a 10 year old.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining