Social Smile

Colton will be 6 weeks old tomorrow - wow! It's amazing how fast these 6 weeks have gone by, considering how long the 6 weeks took prior to his arrival :-) According to "experts" the 6 week milestone is a baby's "recognition smile". At week 6, about half of all babies can recognize their parents and are usually so excited and happy that they greet Mommy and Daddy with a big grin. In fact, the smile is termed a "social smile" and it's one of the first signs that a baby is developing an ability to socialize.

Even though we have been struggling through the colic phase, Colton is a very happy baby! He has been smiling at different times throughout the past 6 weeks, whether it's when he passes gas or poops or when his belly is full, he smiles at so many things. He has definitely reached this "social smile" milestone and has the sweetest grin when he hears my voice. Knowing that someone is so happy to see me or hear my voice is such a wonderful feeling. It warms my heart and it's honestly one of the most emotionally gratifying moments I have ever experienced. I mean, how long is Mommy going to be #1? Not long enough, so I'm enjoying that #1 spot for as long as it lasts.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining