Visitors

This past week, it rained for 3 days straight, and when I say 3 days straight, I mean (literally) non stop, day and night, downpour rain. I'm already in a hibernating type mode with a new baby and the rain just makes it even worse. I am really looking forward to getting Colton out in some sunshine! On Thursday, all that rain turned to snow and we accumulated about 3 inches by early evening. The great thing about living in East Tennessee is that we only get a snow like that every couple of years and it doesn't stick around long. Most of the snow has melted off and if we can just get the temps back up to the 60s, we would be all set.

Colton turned 2 weeks old on Thursday- and he had a special visitor from Texas to help celebrate. Mamaw Neal (Matt's Mom) came up to meet her newest grandson. I'm so thankful for the love and support we have from all of Colton's grandparents and I'm happy that Mamaw Neal has been able to spend time with our little man for the past few days. On Friday night, Colton's Uncle Jake, Aunt Kate, Cousin Ali and Great Grandma Swim arrived and were able to spend a couple of nights with us. They headed back to Ohio/Indiana today - we are already looking forward to our next visit.

Since Colton arrived in this world, he has been a popular little man. He has had visitors (almost) every day. We are extremely blessed with a big, loving family and so many friends who are like family to us. Colton has handled all the "fame" wonderfully and is a very happy baby - I just hope all the cuddling, holding and rocking doesn't spoil him (but I think it might be too late)!

Comments

  1. Everyone always told me you can't spoil a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Pam, and he is such a cutie. I can't wait to hold him, hopefully we can travel soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining