Progress

Journal Entry 8 - January 11, 2013

We are making progress. So many wonderful things have happened between our visit to Dr. Woods on Monday and today. Mommy has been less stressed since Colton has been eating and sleeping on a much better schedule. My milk is (slowly) increasing. I'm a little frustrated that it's taking - what seems like - so long to be enough for him on its own without formula substitute, but I'm thankful that we are getting some and that he's a cooperative baby when it comes to switching back and forth. Colton turned 1 week old yesterday, he took his first stroll outside with daddy, he got to meet Scout, his umbilical cord fell off, he is learning to smile (he has the cutest dimples) and he's reacting to the sound of my voice. I know he can't see me very well yet, but I can see the recognition in his eyes when I talk to him and that just melts my heart. These precious little moments are amazing and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Today we had our follow up visit with Dr. Woods and Matt was able to go with us this time around. Matt has been a rock through this entire process and I'm so thankful that he wants to be so involved. He really is a great daddy. Colton got a good report today. On Monday we were told that he had lost 9 ounces since leaving the hospital. Dr. Woods thought it would take up to 2 weeks for him to gain that weight back but today we learned that he (in 4 days) gained back 8 of those ounces already! I'm so thankful for a baby that loves to eat. Because of the weight loss, he was looking a little bit Jaundice but after a couple of days outside and much better eating (which in turn leads to more wet diapers) he looks great today. Dr. Woods was very happy with his progress and we are scheduled to see her again in 2 weeks.

Colton has a big weekend ahead of him. His Auntie Denise is coming to visit and he's scheduled to have his first professional pictures taken (which means that "uncle" Jody and Missi will be here too). We're thankful for a healthy report this week and beyond blessed with a happy baby.

Comments

  1. I can't wait to hold him. Maybe by February we will be able to travel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining