Big Day

Happy New Year!!! We are already 2 days into 2013 and that just blows my mind. Yesterday, Matt and I enjoyed lunch at Applebees since it could be a while before we get a chance to do that again. :-) I ate way too much, but it was delicious! It rained ALL day here in East Tennessee, so filling my belly and taking a nap made for a pretty good day. I took advantage of my last afternoon and evening at home without a baby. What did I just say? The next evening I'm at home I will have a baby?...crazy!

We were really hoping that Colton would decide to make his way out on his own, but it looks like he's just too comfy in there. I could wait another week to see if he changes his mind, which would consist of testing and doctor visits every other day or so, or we have the option to induce. I didn't think inducing labor would be something I would want, but my doctor recommends it and is confident that things will go well, so that's the route we have chosen. I would be lying if I said I'm not nervous but I'm also excited to get things rolling.

We will check in at the hospital tonight at 7:00pm. Since this is my first delivery, I have no idea what to really expect. Of course my doctor has explained the process to me and I have in my mind a version of what will take place but I'm just praying that God gives me the strength to endure whatever comes our way. Dr. Woods is confident that (if all goes well and according to "plan") that Colton will be here by tomorrow afternoon.

The emotions that I feel today are completely mixed. I am happy and excited to meet our baby, I'm worried about complications, I feel sick thinking about the amount of pain I'm getting ready to go through, I'm nervous because I have no control over, well, anything and I'm overwhelmed thinking about providing for this precious little life. I have waited (impatiently at times) 9 long months to meet our baby and now that the time has arrived, I'm scared and feel like I need more time to prepare. I guess the parents before me were right when they told me "you're never ready until it happens".

I'm so thankful for the amount of love I have around me, the prayers and support. Today, I need prayers to let go of the anxiety and trust that God is in control. Within a 24 hour period, my life will be changed forever. 2013 is going to be a year full of great memories and I am looking forward to this new chapter in our lives.





Comments

  1. You are going through all the normal thoughts and feelings of a woman about to give birth! Praying for you today. Just remember what my midwife told me....."Pain with a purpose, pain with a purpose". I told myself that over and over, plus praying, and managed to get through the birth of Eli, even though it was not "exactly" how I had it planned either . You are going to be fine :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining