Getting Out

On Saturday, we took Colton on his first trip. Clogging Champions of America (www.ccaclog.com) was hosting the annual Showdown of Champions in Knoxville and since it's only about an hour drive to Knoxville from the house, we decided it would be a good adventure for us. Not only was I ready to get out of the house and go somewhere besides the grocery store or doctor's office but I really wanted to see my "clogging family". 

Of course getting myself ready is a lot harder than it used to be, so I started about an hour earlier than normal (and we still left later than planned). On top of getting myself ready, I had to make sure that we had everything we needed for Colton. Even though we were only going to be there for a few hours, I wanted to be prepared. So, we double checked to make sure we had enough everything for the little guy from bottles and diapers to a change of clothes. Once we had everything packed up - including Colton - we started our journey to Knoxville.

The trip to K-town was good, Colton did great (and I must admit that I'm getting better at having him in the car with us too). He didn't make a sound until we pulled up the the Civic Auditorium (http://www.knoxvillecoliseum.com/) and that's when he let us know that it was lunch time. Colton has gotten pretty consistent about eating every 3 hours so as soon as we pulled into the parking garage, I made sure he got his belly full.

We were able to spend a good part of the afternoon, visiting with old friends and watching some incredibly talented dancers. Colton handled all the loud music and new faces like a champ and only had one "accident". Since we were prepared with another outfit, it was all good.

I worry when we take Colton out in public. I want to protect him from sickness, but I want him to get used to being out and about too. It's really a fine line (especially since he's a winter baby) and I know that as a Mom, I'm always going to worry about something. We will not be able to avoid sickness forever and as hard as I try, I can't protect him from every germ. We sure can't stay cooped up in the house all day/every day, so I will just stock up on hand sanitizer and pray that God will keep our little man healthy and happy as he ventures out into this big, crazy world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining