Getting Back in Shape

Today, I start my quest to get back in shape. After months of carrying extra weight, wearing maternity jeans, eating whatever tastes good and laying on the couch, it's finally time to get back in the groove of taking care of Mommy. I'm not going to lie, it's hard to think about taking time out of my day to commit to "working out" since I'm already exhausted and feel like my time is limited as it is. I have about a 3 hour window, every couple of hours to get things done like laundry, washing bottles, picking up around the house, showering, paying bills, laundry, washing bottles/pump accessories, trying to sleep and...did I mention laundry and washing bottles? So taking a half hour to an hour for "me time" is hard but I know that it's something I need to do for myself.

Of course I have to start slow (which is a good thing because I feel slow) but getting started at all is a huge step for me. Since I'm breastfeeding, I can't "diet" and I have to eat the right amount of calories to keep producing enough milk for Colton. So that means I have to eat healthy(er) and exercise. I'm really looking forward to sweating again (ask me how I feel about this tomorrow) and I'm hoping that exercise will give me some extra energy that I am in desperate need of.

At www.fitpregnancy.com, I found some helpful tips for (slowly) getting back in shape after baby. The 7 tips they suggest are...

1. Get up and Move
2. Breastfeed
3. Lift weights - Get Strong
4. Watch Fat Calories
5. Take Naps
6. Snack Healthy
7. Get with other new Moms

Following these simple guidelines is a great start for me as a new Mom. I plan to take each day as it comes and try to fit in some time for me because after all, a healthy/happy woman is a healthy/happy Mommy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining