7 month old "charmer"

A year ago, I was about 19 weeks pregnant and we were anxiously awaiting our "gender reveal" ultrasound. I remember wanting to know so bad whether we were having a boy or a girl and thinking that the day was never going to come. I wanted to be able to change my thoughts of having an "it" to having a "boy or a girl"! It was like once I knew our little miracle's gender, it made everything that much more real.

Today, that little miracle turned 7 months old. What a great 7 month old he is. He is currently working on more teeth, so he has grouchy spells - more often than not - right now, but overall, he is such a pleasure to be around.

What's new at 7 months? Well, he is crawling (slowly on hands/knees - quick as lightening with "army crawl"). He says "ma-ma (Mommy)", "ba-ba (not sure) and "pa-pa (Papaw) on a pretty regular basis. He has said "da-da" (Daddy), "pah" (Uncle Pat) and "ba-ooooo" (Banjo) on a couple of occasions. What and how he says things really depends on his mood. :-)

I can't take him anywhere without him being the "center of attention". Perfect Example - today. I had to go to Verizon Wireless this morning and, with Matt working, I had Colton. We walked in and of course Colton turns on his charm - smiling at everybody, laughing and being very observant. The gentleman gets me checked in and we follow him to the counter. During our walk from the front door to the counter, we had 3 people stop us and say "hi" and of course Colton, being my son, turns into a social butterfly. By the time we left the store, one of the female employees held him for "show and tell" while I finished my business. I must say that I love the fact that Colton does so well in public.

Colton has good days and bad days (don't we all?). He still doesn't sleep all night, but I've finally decided that it's not due to anything I'm doing wrong (because I've tried EVERYTHING), he just isn't a long sleeper. He doesn't wake up mad or hungry...he just wakes up (at about 3am) to socialize (chatter, jabber, laugh, squeal, etc..). As long as he can keep himself occupied and go back to sleep on his own - he can chatter away (I'm not one to judge anybody on wanting to talk...even if it is to themselves)! :-)

I'm beyond thankful that Colton has gone 7 months without any major catastrophe or sickness. Other than a little bit of runny nose/achy/fever from shots and teething, we have been "all clear". We have a busy little boy with a healthy appetite, a smile that melts my heart, a giggle that brings me so much joy, a curiosity that's equally maddening and astonishing and an innocence that is so refreshing.



Comments

  1. Realy had a good laugh at Colton waking up talking. Gee, I wonder where that comes from? lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining