Progress

It's snowing today, and I hate snow. I really don't like sounding negative, but I am so tired of winter. It feels like it has been rainy/snowy/cold/windy forever and it seems like it's never going to end. I guess I can blame part of these feelings on the fact that I have a newborn baby and I can't easily get him in and out of the house in this crappy weather - so I feel like we're never going to be able to un-hibernate. Spring - or better yet Summer - where are you?

In happier news, Colton stayed in his cradle all night again last night AND for the longest stretches he has slept since birth. I laid him down at 9:15pm, hoping to just at least make it through Justified (http://www.fxnetworks.com/justified) before waking up. I knew that I was sacrificing valuable sleep time to watch TV and not go to bed, but not only did Colton sleep thru the entire show, I actually got to sleep until almost 2:00am. The arms-in swaddle method seems to be the winning ticket for us and it makes me ask myself why I didn't do it weeks ago. Hmmm, another one of those learning moments as a parent. Live and learn, and we are definitely learning.

Colton has a doctor's appointment tomorrow - time for SHOTS! I'm not excited about him having to get those, but babies get them every day...so I'm sure our little Colt will be just fine. Fingers crossed for another good night's sleep and a good check-up tomorrow!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining