Double Digits

We made it to double digits!!! Colton turned 10 weeks old on Thursday, which totally blows my mind. We had a very good week. Little man slept in his cradle every night this week and his nighttime sleeping stretches are averaging about 6 hours a night now (hallelujah). His bedtime routine seems to be working for us and I'm so thankful that he is resting better through the night. We have also been able to reduce his Mylicon drops and Gripe Water intake to nighttime feedings only. It's amazing the difference just a couple of weeks can make.

Mr. Colton is changing every single day. He is growing out of the newborn stage and getting what I call a "regular baby" look. At one time I thought Colton had enough clothes to last him a year or more, but as fast as he is growing, he will be out of all his clothes by 9 months. Our big guy is already wearing a lot of 6 month clothes, and it's a little bit sad packing up the newborn and 3 month clothes he has already outgrown. I'm thankful for a growing boy though and enjoy watching the development each day.

At 10 weeks, Colton is able to roll from his belly to his side or from his side to his back, and I feel like it won't be long until he will be rolling all the way over by himself. Thumb sucking is officially mastered now and he can also take a toy in his hand and get it to his mouth. It seems like Colton is able to see things a little more clearly now and we get a lot more smiles and "talking" from our sweet boy. Tummy time is still hard work but Colton's able to hold his head up for longer periods of time and he also scoots himself from one end of the blanket to the other. I love to watch his progress and I see a baby on the move in our very near future.

Each day is a learning experience and I feel like Colton is going to teach me as much or more than I could ever teach him. I'm thankful for another healthy week and look forward to the new and exciting things ahead of us.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining