Milestones

At 11 weeks post birth, Colton is not the only one hitting "milestones". He is continuing to grow every day but there aren't any MAJOR changes from last week. He is still sleeping well through the night (with a few rough nights here and there) and holding his head up with ease. He did add standing (with help of course) to his list of favorite activities and he can sit (against the couch) with no help at all now. He is a strong little guy and I'm amazed at how active he is. I guess he has had a few changes since last week.

I feel like I'm hitting a few milestones myself. The absolute chaos that was every day is now organized chaos and starting to feel more like a daily routine. I feel like I've learned more about baby poop colors, textures and smells than I ever thought I would and to my surprise, I'm actually interested in the subject. I find myself singing "you are my sunshine" and "twinkle, twinkle little star" even when I'm in the shower or alone in the car. I'm being asked for advice from other new Moms and to my surprise, I have a little bit to give. I'm finally remembering that I need more than my keys, purse and phone to leave the house and the process of preparing bottles, diapers, blankets, wipes and a baby is getting a little bit easier. Meal times, diapers changes and bath times are all running more smoothly and it's feeling really good to slip out of that super-stressed, feeling like I'm losing my mind, questioning what I got myself into new mommy stage and slide into the semi-stressed, starting to feel a little bit more comfortable, "I can do this" new mommy stage.

For those who said "being a Mom will change your life" - they were 100% correct. It has changed my life in more ways than one. I'm amazed at how the process of carrying, birthing and now caring for another life can make me see myself in a completely different light. Sometimes I'm so busy watching Colton grow that I don't even see myself growing. I am thankful that (sometimes) I can stop and recognize the steps we've taken forward in this amazing journey and be proud of what we have accomplished...because I'm 100% certain that this sweet baby boy is by far my biggest accomplishment!

Comments

  1. Milestone for you....you are no longer considered a new mom...You have experience. Love the pictures. You have a gorgeous baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milestone for you....you are no longer considered a new mom...You have experience. Love the pictures. You have a gorgeous baby.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining