Hands & Feet

Today one of my favorite people, my cousin Jody, turns 40 years old and my sweet little munchkin, Colton turns 12 weeks old. Happy Birthday!

At 12 weeks, Colton is still making progress. I'm amazed at how much he grows and learns each day. Right now, two things are his main focus - his hands and his feet! He can bring his hands together, look at them and then put them in his mouth. He's starting to figure out that his fingers and thumbs allow him to grab and he's getting really good at hanging on to things that interest him (usually my hair and necklace). Colton's feet have become a point of interest to him just in the last couple of days and it's so adorable watching him reach forward to grab them. A lot of times grabbing for his feet results in falling over, but this does not discourage him from trying again and again. I can't wait for him to get those little feet in his mouth because this seems to be his ultimate goal. :-)

12 weeks have come and gone a lot faster than I thought they would. I'm not anywhere near to the "back in shape" I had planned on being! I love getting on the treadmill but I'm really lacking the motivation. I would love to try the P90X workouts but I just can't (won't) commit to the amount of time it requires. I could blame it on not having enough time to get other "stuff" done or being tired from lack of sleep, but I know that there are Moms out there who work a full time job, take care of their kids and still make time to workout so I really have no excuses.

I have lost most of the "baby weight" I gained from pregnancy but my body is not back to where I would like for it to be. I ordered Jillian Michaels' "30 day shred" workout DVD and I'm waiting on it to arrive - online shopping is great. I'm hoping that these 20 minute a day workouts will be doable for me and at least give me a jump start into getting back to "healthy". I can tell that being fit and healthy is going to be a key ingredient in taking care of an active little boy!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining