November Blessings

Because November holds the Thanksgiving holiday, we tend to express how thankful we are throughout this particular month. But, every single day, I have a million reasons to be thankful.

One thing I’m overly thankful for is this baby boy that continues to grow and develop inside me. We are at week 32 and he is getting bigger and stronger every day. At our Doctor’s appointment today, I got to hear his little heartbeat (again) and it still amazes me each time I hear that sound. Colton is probably spending most of his time in the head-down position by now, with his bottom facing up. This is the most comfy way for him to fit as his space is getting cramped and to prepare for delivery (which will be here in just a few short weeks). He is about the size of a large jicama this week, and will continue to gain about a half a pound each week from now until birth.
 
Another thing I’m thankful for is for the love and support of my family. Matt and I (and Colton) are so showered in love. On Saturday, we drove over the mountain to Asheville (North Carolina) for Baby Shower #2. The day was a wonderful celebration of our little Colton and we shared so much laughter and made a lot of memories! Colton is now stocked up on so many goodies that will come in handy when he arrives. I had no idea how fast a little person (that’s not even born yet) can take over so much space in your home, life and heart. We love him so much already and can’t wait for him to make his debut so we can introduce him to his loving family!

I cherish my husband. I’m so thankful that I have a loving man who works to provide, who loves me unconditionally, who puts me in my place when I need it, who picks me up when I’m down, who lets me be strong when I need to be and weak when I can’t be, and loves our baby as much as I do. I’m so thankful for a man who wants to be a good husband and will be a wonderful father. I am blessed to have such a best friend.

So, not only in November, but every day of every month of every year, I count my blessings. Most days I don’t even understand how I deserve all the goodness that God brings into my life, but I’m so thankful that He continues to provide. I strive to not take anything for granted and to live my life as an example of how blessed I truly am.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining