Finding energy to glow...

I can’t believe it’s time to get Christmas decorations out and up, is it really almost December? Thanksgiving is Thursday, so I guess it is time. Even though some days are extremely slow in passing, the weeks are just flying by.  We’re in week 34 – month 9, here we go!

I have seen (and felt) significant changes in my body over the course of a week and I feel my attitude heading toward the negative side (that’s normal, right?)! My back aches (daily), I’m tired, my hands are starting to swell (to the point I can’t sleep in (and probably won’t be wearing much longer) my wedding rings), I’m out of breath 99% of the time, I wake up about every 2 hours either to pee or to just be uncomfortable, I officially have heartburn every day, my bras don’t fit, and my skin is (even more) sensitive to breakouts. In other words, I’m really starting to feel like a stuffed turkey (appropriate in time for Thanksgiving, huh?). Since I feel myself growing negative, I’ve made it a goal to only talk (out loud) about the things I’m thankful for this week (wish me luck).
 

As for little Colton, not much has changed in a week, he is just continuing to grow. He should be starting to drop and move from the breech position, ready for birth. Even though he is scheduled to cook for about 5 more weeks, if he were born now, he would (without any other complications) be just fine! A cool update this week – our little guy can recognize and react to simple songs and will most likely recognize frequently sung tunes after birth. I hope he finds my singing voice soothing, because I sing to him a LOT as we travel in the car to and from work!

 
Today, I’m thankful for a beautiful Monday. I’m thankful that when I woke up this morning, I was able to get up and ready for work (even put my shoes on by myself) and check off one more day that stands between me and the day we meet our baby boy.

Comments

  1. It won't be much longer now. And then you will really start to see how fast time moves on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining