Long Weekend


Matt and I took on the challenge of preparing and deep frying the Thanksgiving Day turkey for the Shelton side of the family this year, and it was a huge success. We spent the day in Shelton Laurel (where I grew up) and it was a beautiful, sunny day in the mountains. After a delicious lunch, we took our (now annual) Thanksgiving walk up the creek. I love my family more than anything, and the time we spend together is so refreshing! I’m thankful for a healthy, supportive, God-loving, crazy, amazing family and wouldn’t want to spend my Thanksgiving any other way.

In celebration of the Thanksgiving Holiday, I had a few days off from work. Even though it was a long weekend, it felt short and went by so fast. Thankful for the time off, I did use the days to my advantage and got a lot done. On Friday I was able to spend the day with my Mom and Dad. The three of us did a little shopping and had lunch at one of my favorite places, Five Guys Burgers and Fries.  After shopping, Matt and I joined my parents, aunt, uncles and cousin for the new James Bond movie, Skyfall. Perfect ending to a good day!

Saturday, Matt and I got most of our Christmas shopping done. With the new baby due around Christmas, I am so glad we were able to get most of that taken care of. I’m not going to lie, two days of back to back shopping was hard on this pregnant woman, but now that I know it’s (mostly) done, I’m a relieved and happy pregnant woman (not to mention, I was rewarded with lunch at Applebee's).

After a good church service on Sunday, I was able to get a majority of Colton’s bedding, clothes and toys washed and ready for his arrival. My goal was to have his hospital bag packed by the end of the weekend, but since I can’t decide on his “coming home outfit”, that didn’t happen. But, we are a step closer to the goal in the fact that all the options are clean and ready to go in the bag when the time comes.

This week, my goal is to survive without any major melt downs. I’m 4 days into week 35, and the days are getting harder to get through and I’m getting more and more impatient and ready to meet our baby boy. I continue to think of the blessings in my life and focus on the positive, like in about a week, we’ll be joining the Neal’s for Christmas at a cozy cabin in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining