Family Thanksmas

Matt’s family (on his Mom’s side) gets together every year, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, for their annual Swim Family Thanksmas. With so many different commitments, getting together between the two Holidays allows the family to be together without conflicting with immediate family plans on the actual Holidays themselves and I think it’s such an awesome idea.


Since we started dating, I have joined Matt in attending the Swim Family Thanksmas, and we haven’t missed one yet. The past few years have been “themed” and we have worn ugly Christmas sweaters and Christmas pajamas (I think this year’s theme is favorite college sweatshirt). So many goodies to eat and dirty santa gift exchange makes for a fun day.

This year, with me entering into my 9th month of pregnancy and us living in Tennessee, we will have to miss the family gathering, and I’m bummed. With me starting my job in April, and then finding out I was pregnant, I have used up all of my (very limited) vacation days so the trip would have to be made over the weekend. Usually, Matt and I could hop in the car after work on Friday evening, drive the 7 hours to Indiana, spend time with the family on Saturday and head back to Tennessee on Sunday morning. We’ve done it so many times, but at 9 months, it just isn’t possible this time.

I have to remember that my life is changing, and for the better. The things that Matt and I were able to do as a couple is going to change drastically now that we’re becoming a family of 3 (4, if you count Scout)!  I’m so thankful for our little baby and I know (that even when they keep me from doing something I want to do) the sacrifices we make are totally worth it.

We are going to miss the family as they get together to kick off celebrating the Holiday season tomorrow, but we’re looking forward to having Colton with us for Swim Family Thanksmas 2013.  

Comments

  1. I, too, understand the things that keep us apart, at times. It is such a comfort to know that you are together as a family and that is the most important thing...especially entering your final count-down! Yes, we will all be together again and we will continue to build our Swim Family Thanksmas/Christgiving memories. When we are all together, there is nothing more precious than just that...when some are not able, each of those family members are missed. Our growing family will have more fun days ahead and knowing little Colton (and you & Matt) will be a part of that when the time is right only adds to the excitement!! Matt, Renee and Colton will be missed...and the next celebration together is just right around the corner!
    Love you all...miss you all...and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining