Well-Check

Today, Colton had his well-child check with Dr. Woods. I love when they make his appointment at "prime time". Prime time for us is mid-morning (because Colton is usually well rested, has had breakfast and is just happy). It's funny because I know Colton can't really understand everything I say, but I talk to him anyway. I explain to him where we are going, who we are going to be seeing, what we're going to be doing, how long of a drive we have, etc... Anyway, this morning on the way in to the office, I was I was telling Colton that we were going to see Dr. Woods and that I needed him to be on his best behavior.

As we walked in to the waiting room area, Colton starts scanning the room (per usual). We walked up to the window and I was signing him in. He blew a kiss to the lady sitting at the desk. She said hello and started back into paperwork. Colton rests his hand on the counter so he can peek his head inside to the lady with her back to him and says "hi" and waves, she turns around and says "well hello there" and he blows her a kiss. At this point, all 4 women in the little office area are saying "good morning", "hello" and blowing kisses back to my child. :-) This was a great start to our visit!

We only waited for a few minutes before they called us back. Colton was able to stand on the adult scales today and also got measured like the "big boys" - standing up! Watching Colton interact with Dr. Woods made me so proud. He was such a big, little guy in there today. He was showing her his skills, chattering with her, picking up books (and putting them back, perfectly on cue - which doesn't always happen at home) and just being Colton. It was so nice to see this perfectly healthy, perfectly happy boy being his own little self.

Today I realized that Colton's not just a little, helpless baby anymore. He is actually big enough to do things, to have interactions, to have semi-conversations and to just be! I'm so thankful for that little guy and the progress being made in his development and I'm so thankful that he was on his absolute BEST behavior! Today was a happy day.

Comments

  1. Love this!!! It's so fun to read about all Colton's changes, adventures and just growing up "stuff". Miss him (and you & Matt) and hoping to see him soon! I want some of those kisses blown to me, too! :) Keep these coming, Renee! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining