Reminiscing

As Colton was scarfing down pieces of cantaloupe after his lunch this afternoon, I found myself just smiling at him. Was it that he was adorable, sitting there like a big boy in his chair, feeding himself? Was it that I was just feeling blessed? Was I smiling because I was thinking back on memories? Probably a combination of all of those things, but I think it was mostly because I was reminiscing.

When I was pregnant with Colton, within my first few months, I craved cantaloupe. I seriously felt like I could eat a whole cantaloupe a day. It was about this time of year - 2 years ago. It's so hard for me to think that it's already been 2 years. The smell and the taste of that fruit takes me right back to all of those feelings of joy, anxiousness, the unknown and the excitement of carrying my first child.

I loved being pregnant! Okay - nobody really ever loves being pregnant, BUT I really did love the idea of growing a person inside my body. I mean, how cool is that?!? It's crazy how just a smell can take you back to a place and time! It almost makes me want another baby...ALMOST.



Comments

  1. Renee - I truly do (and did) love being pregnant! With no sickness and the wonderful feeling of a baby moving in there makes me not want this 9 months to end (since this is our last)! Enjoy those moments with Colton, and whenever the next baby comes! Loved reading your blog, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, Jamie, there is something amazing about that feeling. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining