Spring Days

Last week, we had a visit from Matt's Mom. She was able to stay for several days and we had such a great time. We lounged at home, we drove over to North Carolina and visited my grandparents and got bushes/rocks for my flower beds, we were able to talk and catch up and just be together. It's so hard living so far apart but it makes the time we are together so special!

The weather has been so nice. Spring has finally decided to join the party. We have had 70 and 80 degree days. Matt came home with his first sun burn of the year which made me smile because it means that warm days are finally here.

I've spent several days working in my flower beds. I added on to the front bed and it now extends to the end of our house. I love that my rock borders are the rocks from "home"...the ones we picked up from Shelton Laurel.

Today, Matt and I got so much done. He mowed our yard for the first time (ever) and finished the fence on the back wall. I finished painting the wall, trimmed and mulched the walkway flower bed and started on the beds around the back porch. Progress is being made and it feels so good. It's a great time to transplant and I love watching everything take root and grow. Spring is becoming one of my favorite seasons.

My Mamaw and Papaw Bishop are coming to visit tomorrow. I'm looking forward to grilling some burgers, putting together Colton's little "treehouse" and just enjoying some time outside with people I love.

Blessings are all around us - it's awesome to just stop and look around :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining